Visually Appealing Code

Nyanko

If you had to frame a piece of code, what would you use?

With all the indenting, some code I've seen looks like artwork, do you know if anyone has taken this a step further to create code that looks as good as it performs ?

Just curious :lol:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Nothing like laying down the gauntlet, eh!!

I’d give this one a go but I’m not even sure where to start because I’m not much of an artist. Personally, the most appealing code to me is that which is indented “correctly” (interpret that as you will but I try to follow certain general rules).

Writing some code which looked like a picture, or something, would probably end up looking like a jumble of mess from a programmer’s point of view or in any case would probably look better than it ran!! Plus, debugging would be a nightmare.......

Having said that, I thought I’d just check so I Googled “visually appealing vba code” and got this:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/office/office2000/solution/part2/ch03.mspx?mfr=true

which confirms my suspicions that visually understandable is more important that visually appealing!!

The first one that comes to my mind is the 'fuzzy match' code from Alan (al_b_cnu).

For code that is designed to look for a something that isn't quite right, the clarity of it is spot on.

Plus whizzing up and down the screen makes the indentation eve better...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IRSHAD07

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back