View My Posts issue

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
A typical scenario is I will click on View Your Posts, I'll look at one of those (just read it, not reply), press BACK on my browser and I am informed that I can't make another search so soon. I don't want to search, I just want to go back to the same screen without it updating.

(Mac OS 10.5, Safari)

Actually, the 'my posts' feature *is* a search. When you click it, the board performs a search for your posts and you see the results. So it is subject to the same limitations as 'regular' searching. You would see the same message if you accidentally click the 'view my posts' link twice. Just wait a few seconds more and try it again.

Edit, now that I think of it: The same thing applies to the 'view unanswered posts' link.

Though I have to admit I've never tried clicking directly from the list and then going back. (I've never used Safari, either, so no ideas there). What I do is I open the threads I want to look at from the list in other tabs, keeping the list results open .

I'm guessing that there is a feature that the browser back button pings the server to update the information. It seems that the BACK button sends a command to both my computer's cache and to the board's server.

It looks like an unintended consequence of a good idea (Auto refreshing new data) rather than a bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peaches000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back