Very intriguing Report Question

thewesties

Board Regular
:rolleyes:
OK. The hardest part of this will probably be explaining this the right way so you can understand.
I have a database that has one report which is a standard proposal ('rpt_Proposal' ) This report has a 2 1/2" Page Header (company info) and 2 1/2" Page Footer (Acceptance of Proposal, etc.)
This report prints fine. After 30 bid line items, it starts a new page (with the correct page header/footer placement.

Now...I am attempting to create a second report. This one will be connected to a faxing feature. On the report header I am creating essentially what would be a fax cover page. This will be a 10" report header to prevent anything else from showing on this page except the report header (at least theoretically.)
When I go to preview the report, I get the proper Fax cover page (no header) BUT... the Footer shows on the first page (which I would naturally prefer not to happen.)
I have tried several things to no avail.
First: was to create 2 reports and insert both of them as subreports on a common report. 1) the Fax Cover Page and 2) The Proposal (which I already had.) With this, I got the fax cover page fine, but no header or footer would show for the Proposal subreport.

Second: Create a fax Cover page report and have the proposal linked as a subreport. No go...Again, no proposal header/footer info appears.

Third: One massive report which had no subreports (described in opening)

Now, I have also tinkered with the sorting/grouping settings thinking perhaps some adjustment might fix it. I have bounced it off of some friends, searched here for prior posts and scoured the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :oops:

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hullo. Quick guess is to put some code in the OnFormat section of the report, that EXCLUDES the page footer on the first page only, by page number, then brings it back for all others.

HTH (y)

P

Upvote 0
How exactly would I go about it?
Would I have to put something like this:
If [Page] = 1 then
Text160.visible = False
Label73.visible = False
etc for roughly 40 controls....
End If

or...

Is there a shortcut that would make life easier.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I managed to get it to work at some point when CT replied. I didn't need to go toMS' site or fight with the OnFormat property. I managed to rig it by adding in a dummy grouping and have the fax cover page inside the Group Header followed by a forced page break. The Page header, detail and footer remained the same.

Thank you all for you responses.

Happy coding!

:LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NghiVmexgdhh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back