Vertex42 Gantt Chart Pro

col lamb

I have just got the Vertex Gantt Chart, the Pro version with dependances and I am trying to figure out a modification (not getting any response from Vertex)

The chart is the best that I have found for my needs but if I have a task say "A" and another task say "B" and I link "B" to "A" via the dependancies it places the bar on the chart at the end of task "A" 's bar.

What I want it to do is to place the start of "B" a specific number of days lag after the start of "A" and the number of days I wish to be able to vary via reference to another data input cell where the number of days lag can be specified

How can I do this?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Unless it's pretty obvious you probably can't. I've never come across the particular software you're talking about but Excel based Gantt charts tend to be fairly simplistic. You would need to use something like MS Project for something with lots of features.

Dom

Upvote 0
@col lamb: You posted this question as a comment on my blog, but probably didn't see my reply. Here is the link to the comment page with your question and my reply:
http://www.vertex42.com/blog/news/updates/rate-and-review-templates.html/comment-page-2

The best way to get in touch with me if you have questions about the gantt chart is via the email listed on vertex42.com's contact page. What you are asking is not hard to do, but I'm guessing discussion of the product via mrexcel.com is against this forum's guidelines.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OZSamwise

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back