vBulletin automatically word filters ComboBox DropButt******* event procedure

AlphaFrog

MrExcel MVP
The board automatically word filters the Drop Button Click event procedure for a ComboBox

This...
Code:
[COLOR=darkblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] ComboBox1_DropButt*******()

...should be this without the spaces.
Code:
[COLOR=darkblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] ComboBox1_Drop Button Click()

Yes, this has been raised before and as far as I am aware it isn't likely to change.

You can use an html character entity: html will then read this as literal text. This solution works in the Excel forum where html is turned on - but I've found that you don't want to preview and then submit (the preview will convert the character entity to a character, and then you are back where you started).

Private Sub ComboBox1_DropButtonClick()

Thanks xenou. Now if I could only remember your tip the next time I need to post a DropButton procedure.

Last edited:
Ha! And here I was, thinking it was somehow censoring my use of the word butt ... :D

Thanks xenou. Now if I could only remember your tip the next time I need to post a DropButton procedure.

It's easy you're a master VBA things and whatever and should understand it or at least remember it....
It's like saying: "ComboBox1_DropButton" & Char(67) where the # sign means character and the semicolon is to tell the html you finished like End Sub or End If

Well I now memorize it but don't know how to use it!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back