MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Okay, so not sure where to put this question, and this forum seemed somewhat appropriate.

I have been using JPG's VBHTML Maker Add-in for quite some months now, without consequence either. But in the last couple of months, it's been choking on me. The steps I take:

Select text in my VBE
Right click it
Select Convert Selected .. to HTML

The app will become Visible = False (as it should) but hangs in the VBE whilst the mouse icon is still the hourglass. I stop the code manually and it's stuck in a redundant loop, although I'm unsure how it gets into the loop at this point. I can stop the code and must manually (from a Standard Module of a Standard Excel file) make the Application.Visible = True, along with the mouse icon; or Close the instance of Excel (either manually by ending the process or making visible and shutting down correctly).

The strange part is it's quite sporadic. It will be fine for a week, then up and decide to choke. I can't seem to find any similarities in my working environment during these episodes, so I'm unsure as how to proceed. But am wondering if anybody else has had the same issue anytime?

I'll be investigating further and posting any findings, thanks for reading. :)

Well, all that comes to mind is, it's all your fault Zack... ;) No, really... I have no clue what might be going on. What I would suggest is in the 'Init' function, comment this line:

LockWindowUpdate (VBEHwnd)

that line locks the screen updating of the VBE. You may have to run the 'Start' sub again to reset the buttons. At least that way you could Ctrl + break and see where it is hanging...

The only thing I have noticed is that huge procedures take a while to process, which is to be expected. You might want to streamline your code Zack. :p

NateO said:
The only thing I have noticed is that huge procedures take a while to process, which is to be expected. You might want to streamline your code Zack. :p
You know the funny thing, it was only two subs with one line each - 6 lines! So I don't think that was the issue. Good point though. :)

Thanks Juan, I'll be looking into this further to see if I can find what exactly is causing this to happen for me. I'll keep you appraised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back