VBA for button to email sheet that can be used online/web version of Excel?

ubergreen

Office Version
  1. 2021
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question.

What I am trying to do is create a VBA button on my sheet that users can click to email the sheet. I want to be able to upload this file/sheet onto OneDrive. However, it seems like OneDrive no longer supports VBA even though it might have in the past.

Does anyone have any suggestions for work arounds to this or maybe alternatives? The only thing that I have come across is maybe power automate can be a potential option? It seems like I would need to have a paid subscription to be able to use Power Automate, which I would prefer to avoid, but would be ok with if it was the only viable option for what I need to do.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
You can upload files containing VBA to OneDrive however no VBA can run on the browser version. You'd have to open the file in the desktop app in order to run the VBA in the file.
There is also something called "Office Scripts", which do work on the browser version. I've never used them though, not sure how much you can do with it.

Upvote 0
You can upload files containing VBA to OneDrive however no VBA can run on the browser version. You'd have to open the file in the desktop app in order to run the VBA in the file.
There is also something called "Office Scripts", which do work on the browser version. I've never used them though, not sure how much you can do with it.

Thanks. I'll look into the scripts. I would need the macros to work on the browser version.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back