VBA code to email a pdf to all recipients from a drop down list?

lharr28

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been working on a delinquency notice template that pulls the data into a template for each individual on the report. I've written code to email the pdf for each particular individual but you must do it one at a time. I'm looking for a code that will automatically email every individual on the report that is in the drop down list. I'm assuming some kind of loop must be created. Please help!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
More details: I have a statement that changes fields based on changing the cell in the dropdown list on B6. I found VBA code that automatically saves and prints every dropdown option in cell B6. Here is that code. But I also would like to be able to automatically email from Outlook every dropdown option in cell B6 to the email in O6 which will change based on changing the cell in B6.

Upvote 0
Try this macro as a starting point - you will want to edit the Outlook email subject and body text, etc.

As posted, the code creates and displays the email for you to review and manually send. Just change the .Display line to .Send to send it automatically.

VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Public Sub Email_PDF_To_All_People()

Dim DVcell As Range
    Dim DVsource As Range
    Dim DVvalue As Range
    Dim PDFsFolder As String, PDFfile As String

PDFsFolder = ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\"
    If Right(PDFsFolder, 1) <> "\" Then PDFsFolder = PDFsFolder & "\"

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

With ActiveSheet
        Set DVcell = .Range("B6")
        Set DVsource = Evaluate(DVcell.Validation.Formula1)
        For Each DVvalue In DVsource
            DVcell.Value = DVvalue
            PDFfile = PDFsFolder & DVcell.Value & ".pdf"
            .ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=PDFfile, _
                Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False
            Send_Outlook_Email .Range("O6").Value, "Report for " & DVvalue, PDFfile
        Next
    End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

MsgBox "Done"

End Sub

Public Sub Send_Outlook_Email(toEmail As String, emailSubject As String, attachPDFfile As String)

Static OutApp As Object
    Dim OutEmail As Object

Const olMail = 0

If OutApp Is Nothing Then
        On Error Resume Next
        Set OutApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
        If Err Then
            Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
        End If
        On Error GoTo 0
    End If

Set OutEmail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMail)

With OutEmail
        .To = toEmail
        .Subject = emailSubject
        .Body = "Body text here"
        .Attachments.Add attachPDFfile
        .Display  'or .Send
    End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks! I've tried this and I get an error. Below is the code I've already written. How would you incorporate what you have into it? I would also like to change where the email is being sent from, not my email, but a shared email.

Sub EmailAspdf()

Const LineBreak = "<br>"

Dim EApp As Object
Set EApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Dim EItem As Object
Set EItem = EApp.CreateItem(0)

path = ""

fy = Range("K7")
month = Range("I7")
cardholder = Range("A7")
reportname = Range("A4")
fname = cardholder & " " & "CorpCardDELINQ Notice" & " " & Format(Date, "mm.d.yy")

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat _
Type:=xlTypePDF, _
IgnorePrintAreas:=False, _
Filename:=path & fname

With EItem
.To = Range("D10")
.Cc = Range("D26")
.Bcc = Range("H26")
.Subject = reportname & " " & "(" & " " & Format(Date, "mm-d-yy") & ")"

.HTMLbody = "Dear Cardholder,<br/><br/>This is notice that you currently have a <b>past due</b> amount on your <b>Corporate Card</b>. Please review the attached report for details and notify your departmental liaison of your plan of action to resolve this issue within <b><u>two business days</b></u>. <br/><br/> <font color = red><b><i>If these items have already been processed, please advise and disregard this notice.</font color></b></i><br/><br/>Warm regards,"

.Attachments.Add (path & fname & ".pdf")
.Display

End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
I went back and altered some items and I got it to work, I ran into two issues.

1. How do I change the name of the pdf file that is attached and the path of where it is saved? It's saving the file with the last name with some weird characters?

2. Is there a way to change the from mailbox? I need to send the files from a shared mailbox?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-19 102832.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-19 102832.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
1. How do I change the name of the pdf file that is attached and the path of where it is saved? It's saving the file with the last name with some weird characters?

I don't see how the file name in your screenshot relates to the code you posted. As posted, the cardholder name is read from A7 (cardholder = Range("A7")), so what is the value of A7?

The folder where the PDF is saved is defined by the path variable, which is empty (path = "") in the code above, which means it's saved in the workbook's default folder. Define path with a specific folder: path = "C:\path\to\folder\".

2. Is there a way to change the from mailbox? I need to send the files from a shared mailbox?

Search the forum for 'Outlook shared mailbox' and there should be example code.

Upvote 0
I don't see how the file name in your screenshot relates to the code you posted. As posted, the cardholder name is read from A7 (cardholder = Range("A7")), so what is the value of A7?

The folder where the PDF is saved is defined by the path variable, which is empty (path = "") in the code above, which means it's saved in the workbook's default folder. Define path with a specific folder: path = "C:\path\to\folder\".

Search the forum for 'Outlook shared mailbox' and there should be example code.
Thank you, I removed the path information from the sample because it had personal info in it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back