VBA code deleted in macro enabled workbook when i overwrite workbook with save as

9davros8

Hi guys

I have not used VBA for a long time so bear with me.

I have a VBA code that works in a macro enabled workbook – so the VBA code is specific to that book. However, every 2 months I need to overwrite this specific workbook and in the process the VBA code is deleted. I found out through trial and error that the code needs to be in this macro enabled workbook for it to work because it is triggered by a double click event. The workbook is the always the same name.

So, the question is how do I stop the code being deleted when I overwrite the specific workbook it is associated with?

And help appreciated

Thanks

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
What are you overwriting it with? If it's a different workbook that doesn't have the code in it, that is your problem.

Upvote 0
hi

basically i am creating a workbook called A.xlsx and on this workbook i run a macro the end result is that it saves this workbook as A.xlsm. However A.xlsm already exists so i have to overwrite it. the VBA code in this sheet is then deleted. From reading online the VBA code (it's a double click event) must be 'stored' in this workbook. I've tried storing the code in my personal workbook but am unable to 'call' it from there. any suggestions would be appreciated as the code does work.

thanks

Upvote 0
Why do you have to create a new workbook rather than just amending the existing one?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back