VBA Bundle for begginers

rodrigo_solares

Hello,

I'm about to buy the VBA Bundle - Learn Excel VBA from Mr. Excel Store...

Could anybody help me by telling me a good way to start reading all this books?

I mean, which book or cd should i begin with, and what next.

Thanks in advance!!

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Yes! Here is my suggestion:

1) Start with the book, VBA & Macros for Microsoft Excel. Read the first 2-5 chapters. In Chapter 2, you can start to get a feel for the syntax of VBA. in Chapter 3 you will learn the efficient ways to refer to ranges and in chapter 5 how to create loops. You will also learn in Chapter 1 why the macro recorder doesn't work.

2) With the knowledge from #1, you can start to browse the examples. Office VBA Macros You Can Use Today shows examples for Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Access. Even if you know how to refer to ranges in Excel, you need to figure out how to refer to paragraphs in Word, and that book will help an Excel programmer make the transition to the other product.

3) If you have a specific need, browse the Holy Macro! CD. With 2,500 snippets of VBA code, you can search for pivot table, and see all of the examples that relate to pivot tables.

4) You also have the Excel Knowledge Base with 70,000 threads from this message board. Since about 30% of the threads involve VBA, you have 21,000 code snippets from the best Excel community on the planet to search through. Again, use the search facility for fast searching.

5) If you are a visual learner, walk through Gerry Verschuuren's Slide Your Way Through Excel VBA. In full color, Gerry can show off things better than the black and white book can do.

Thanks for buying the bundle and thanks for your interest. It would actually be a cool idea to include a handy note like this with the bundle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beraned1218

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back