VBA and Macros for Microsoft Excel upgrade?

wherespete

I have the excellent VBA and Macros for Microsoft Excel book and now my company is finally getting 2007. So do I have to buy the 2007 version to know how to write procedures for 2007, and how to re-write my 2003 macros or is there an upgrade offer, mini upgrade book or some other resource to explain the differences between the two at a fraction of the cost?

Thanks

Pete

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I have not had any problems with my Excel 2003 VBA code running in Excel 2007 converted workbooks but that is not to say that you wouldn't encounter any problems - it depends on what your code is doing.
If you create toolbars using VBA, then you may want to change them to use the Ribbon instead. The book does have a chapter devoted to this but you can also buy books devoted to that subject alone!
If your VBA controls Charts, Pivot Tables, Conditional Formatting, Tables, Sorting or Smart Art you may find that the Excel 2007 very useful as these have changed quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolonG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back