VBA Adding copied rows after last used row

yttgle

Hi experts!

I have a worksheet which always has data in the A column (as part of a merged cell).

I am looking for a VBA program to help me select the last row and add a copyed set of 4 rows to add after the last row. The copyed selection will always be the same and origin from the same cells.

E.g.
- Select last used row (61 or Cell A61 as an example).
- Copy A1:F4 from different sheet
- Add copyed content to row 62:62 (A62:F65)

Next macro execution would add the same content to 66 etc.

Any way of solving this?

Br and thx!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Something like this should work
Code:
Sub test()
Sheets("DeliveryPlan").Select
Dim LR As Long
LR = Sheets("DeliveryPlan").Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row + 1
Sheets("source").Range("A1:F4").Copy Destination:=Sheets("DeliveryPlan").Range("A" & LR)
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thx. I get no error when I run it but it does not produce anything either. There is no data in A1 does that matter? the first data in A colum occurs at row 7. However, there will always be data in the last row (as part of a merged cell A through F), this is also true for the copyed 4 rows (Row 4 in 'Source')

Upvote 0
scroll down the sheet some ways, it maybe placing further down than you expect, its looking for special cells and if something is active lower down it could be there

Upvote 0
You are absolutely right :) Found them at ~700. It works like a charm - just not in the right place. I have completely formated all cells below my active content, why does it keep adding it down there? It also increments by 4 each time I run it. So now it added to 730-733, next 734-737 etc.

Upvote 0
replace
'LR = Sheets("DeliveryPlan").Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row + 1
with
LR = Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A7], SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row + 1

its going down that far as the cells above have been used at some time and its recognising that

clear below A7 (or your last valid set) down and restart

I thought you had four rows to add, so that what it is doing Copy A1:F4 from different sheet

Upvote 0
The previous one worked better, with the replacement it overwrites whatever is allready existing at A7:F10. Get the part about the other one looking for any previously used cells.

Code:
Sub test()
Sheets("DeliveryPlan").Select
Dim LR As Long
LR = Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A7], SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row + 1
Sheets("Source").Range("A1:F4").Copy Destination:=Sheets("DeliveryPlan").Range("A" & LR)
End Sub

Removed some content and added a screenshot below of the set-up. The 4 rows to be copyed are equal to this just in the other sheet.
iof2bm.png

Makes any sense? :)

Upvote 0
'A7' looks blank to me, change to 'B'

also change to

LR = Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row + 1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back