VB Question

garyd1234

Board Regular
Hi,
You know how in VBA when you make a combo box that it automatically has type ahead ( actually not sure what it is called). I mean when you give the combo box a list of items you can just type and each letter you type it brings up something it recognizes in the box?
How do I do that in Visual Basic (non-Access) because it doesn't do it there automatically and I can't find a property to set. Can you direct me to a site that might have code to put behind the combo box that would do that?
Thanks.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
The property is called Auto Expand Boolean (Yes/No)- Expand Text if leading characters match one of the listed choices.

VB should have this as a property.

HTH,
Vetter

Upvote 0
I don't have Auto Expand. Is it one some library that I need to turn on. It is not a property for my combo box. The combo box is loaded from a flat file on form load by a little routine I wrote. That is where it gets its contents. But it won't do auto complete when I type in it. I saw some very complicated routines out there but can't get them to work. Some use .find and .findfirst. I can't use those because I don't have some library turned on and I can't figure out which one.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back