Validate data input in DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm format

Bert_Withpeterson

Hi all,

I'm looking to use data validation to throw an error if inputted format is not DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm.

This is a standard excel format but I can't wrap my head around how to validate, can anyone help please? Assume the input is in cell A2.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
You could try custom =AND(A2>=367,A2<=73367) (between 01-Jan-1901 00:00 and 13-Nov-2100 00:00) and format the cell to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm.
1724174510303.png

Upvote 0
Just noting for your consideration that if the day number and month number are both less than 13, there would be no way to verify whether the value was correctly entered in DD/MM/YYYY or not. For example, if the date was May 10, 2024 and the value was entered as 05/10/2024, there is no way for you to be able to validate that the date was incorrectly entered.

Upvote 0
Just noting for your consideration that if the day number and month number are both less than 13, there would be no way to verify whether the value was correctly entered in DD/MM/YYYY or not. For example, if the date was May 10, 2024 and the value was entered as 05/10/2024, there is no way for you to be able to validate that the date was incorrectly entered.
I strongly prefer month names rather than numbers for this reason.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back