Using VBA Userform to populate an excel spreadsheet,

CivilEngineerExcel

Hi, I'm new to VBA so only have a basic understanding so please bear with me.

I need some help with this: I'm trying to set up a VBA userform that will input information directly into a spread sheet. All the user has to do is click the userform, add the info and click populate, and the entered data will automatically go into the right cell. I have a database of around 300 separate items, so the entry system needs to use a drop down list to select the right item, then input into the correct row.
There’s currently 300 or so items in the first column, followed by a further 300 columns to record the 300 or so bits of data required for each item. It’s very large and a lot of data to store due to the nature of what I’m doing.
I also need the userform to load up all previously entered data. For example, if a drop down list is used to select item number 10 in the list, the userform will then bring up all the previously entered info. This will allow me to edit the previous information before it is then input back into the spreadsheet.
I’ve tried looking at various codes and stuff but could really do with a step by step process of how to do (as I’d rather learn how to do it rather than just copy and paste). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hope that all makes sense.

Cheers

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Welcome to the forum,

Have you also considered using the Form that comes with Excel. If using 2007, 2010 or 2013 use the quick access toolbar, click More Commands change the drop down to all commands and search for form.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back