Using VBA to create a dynamic Combo box population

Imma1313

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I’m trying to create a user form for a log that allows the user to select a document within a log and edit other cells along that same row.

The log will continue to grow, so I need to be able to use the combobox to select the document number for editing items along that row. Log will start with number 1 and will increase as it progresses. There are two summary lines starting two rows beneath the first row of data, and I do not want to include these rows in the combo box list.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Are you looking something like this? My data in yellow is added to the combobox when the form is opened.
1727878612984.png

This code starts in cell B3 and captures all the cells in yellow and no more. Will capture as new rows are added to the list so if 6 is added in row 8 it then captures it as well. This goes in the userform code and will run as soon as the userform is opened, 'on intitialize', without having to do anything else.

VBA Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

ComboBox1.List = Range(Sheet1.Range("B3"), Sheet1.Range("B3").End(xlDown)).Value

End Sub

If you can add in a screenshot of your spreadsheet, removing anything sensitive of course, and highlight what you would like to be in the combobox.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back