Using two tables fields on report

Princessboko

Board Regular
I'm a new user of Access. I created a report using just one table and its fields. Now I want to add to this report and add fields from different tables but I don't know how to do it.

Help please.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
You need to firstly link the tables so that you can get the records from table two that correspond to those in table one.

Say you have a customer table & an orders table. The customer number field is the primary key(unique) in the customer table. In your orders table you need a customer no field so that each order can be related to a single customer.

Then, in the table linking window, you link the customer no field in the customer table to the customer no field in the orders table. The relationship should be one-to-many...i.e. one reord in the customer table can have many associated records in the orders table.

Hope this helps... :)

Upvote 0
Hi,

First you need to add the fields to the table and, of course, they'll have no data. Then use an update query to add the values to these new fields.

HTH,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmrwnx89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back