Using this Forum

Marchut

Board Regular
Does anyone else find that solutions to many of these questions are easily googled? I know personaly, I do extensive research before I post it to the forum. I guess this isn't somthing that is moderated?

You would need a "Laziness Police Force" to moderate such a task. Most users either don't search, or don't know enough to be able to slightly modify the search results they do find to their particular needs.

Something we live with, sadly. Glad to hear you do your research first. :)

Yes, but this post will probably get moved to the lounge as this question will probably be moderated. :biggrin:

But I would say ~70% of the questions asked could be googled or searched on the board's search function.

But a lot of the times, it is nice to see many different solutions ot the same problem.

And google may send them here for the answer and then they think while they are here, they might as well ask the follow up rather than searchign for it. Which may be good because it would proabbly take less time to askt he question then to look it up in most cases.

Ineresting that it got moved to about this board. But I don't mine it increased my post count by one either way. :)

Unfortunately you can't moderate the effort that posters put into solutions prior to posting.

Doing one's homework prior to posting is certainly preferable, but not enforceable. And, as noted, some posters don't know where to look or how to look for it.

EDIT: I moved it here because of the title "Using this Forum", although I suppose it could go in the Lounge too.

IT is a good idea to Google first, I always do and find SOME answers BUT sometimes what may seem basic to you - well some of us are using many different applications, and not exclusively Excel - we may be proficient enough to use this forum but not familiar enough to Google things swiftly - sometimes we need help with language, figuring how to set things up better than we had originally planned, so I find the help here INVALUABLE and am grateful for the non-judgmental help.

A person might be a very busy PowerPoint or QUICKBOOKS, (for example) GENIUS, who needs help figuring out how to use Excel to solve one special problem or meet one certain need, a few times a month, and for that kind of person, this place would be heaven.

;)
Does anyone else find that solutions to many of these questions are easily googled? I know personaly, I do extensive research before I post it to the forum. I guess this isn't somthing that is moderated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back