Using tab control on forms

smardonl

Hopefully, this will be a simple question for somebody. I am attempting to create a form with a tab control that has 7 tabs. Obviously, each tab should contain different entry information, but when i place the controls on the first tab, they appear on all tabs. When I try to delete the controls from the other tabs, they delete from the first tab as well. I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I'm at my wits end with it. Any information regarding forms and this problem would be very appreciated.

L :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
I seem to remember this happening whenever I would copy other controls from another form.

I think you can still paste the controls as long as you make sure you have the specific page selected (do this by clicking once on the page tab header), not the entire form. Then, without clicking anywhere else (you might select the entire form this way), do a paste.

You also shouldn't have this problem creating new controls on specific tabs. Let me know if that helps or not.

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding. I didn't realize that copying would transfer to the other forms. I really appreciate your help in the matter.

L

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NghiVmexgdhh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back