Using an Item Master Report to create/automate dynamic tables for lookup functions

AdderallAnalyst

I am able to generate an "Item Master Report" from my company's Oracle portal that shows all the available information about all of our products. At this point, the file is roughly 18,300 Rows and 131 Columns. I used a Power Query to delete irrelevant columns to cut the file down to 5.70 MB from about 15 MB so it's easier to send and doesn't take forever to open/calculate.

Using Excel 2013, I created an additional table on a new tab using a match column that is referenced by an index formula instead of nesting it (just starting to use Index - Match to save time, I usually use VLOOKUPs). The problem is that some of the data is pulling in correctly, while others are not.

I used =COLUMNS() formulas above the big table with all the information for the column numbers, but am using the values in the formulas. My goal is to set up a template for my coworkers to use so that all they have to do is type in the product number in column A and columns C:O will auto populate based on their index formulas and the match formula in Column B.

Does this need to be handled using an Index-Match-Match formula, or am I just going blind from staring at the file for so long?

Match Formula in B2: =MATCH($A2,ItemMasterSummary!A:A,0)
Index Formula in F2: =INDEX(ItemMasterSummary!$A$2:$BM$18259,$B2,9)

Please let me know if additional information is needed, and I will provide as much as needed.

I would like to create similar templates using this Item Master file, as it has all the information about all of our products and is very useful for lookup functions. I save this file to a network drive every day and would like to be able to create external references, but haven't been able to wrap my mind around the absolute and relative file paths, so any information about those generating #REF errors when the referenced file is closed is also appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back