Using a userform to retrievea and edit data.

just1joe

Board Regular
A little knowledge can be dangerous, reading this board keeps giving me ideas on how to make some spreadsheets more useable. I have a question about userform functionality. I have a workbook, which contains data provided from multiple sources, i.e. quickbooks and a scheduling system. One of the sheets contains dates, customers and total job hours in columns 1-3 and employees who worked on the job and the employees’ estimated hours next to their name in columns 5-25.
Every two weeks we get in timesheets from the employees and I created a pivot table to help us check the timesheets. This works ok for checking the time but if we need to make an adjustment, we need to go into the worksheet and search for the /date/customer/employee and update the adjusted hours.

What I would like is to create a userform where we can select the employee name from a list and then use the selected name to look in all of the columns and rows were the employee name might be and if found return column 1,2,3 from that row in addition to the cell offset 1 column (Est Amount) from the found employee name and the cell offset 1 column and 1 row (Actual Amount). I would like to be able to edit the actual amount and have it placed back into the appropriate cell.

Sorry this is so long. I am using excel 2000.

Thanks for the help

- Joseph

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I've tried to use excel's data form, but not all of the data is on the same line. Each record takes up two rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eccymarge

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back