UserForm

rickert91

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to create a User Form for my wife. She is a catering manager at a University. She has a "Pull List" for her catering, it is not the same all of the time, but I want to include everything on the form. I want her to be able to put a number beside the item she needs, and the item she doesn't need will not show on the form. For example:
Cell A1 Cell B1
Table Cloths (114) 2
Cell A2 Cell B2
Table Cloths (85) will be blank.

I don't want the Table Cloths (85) to show up on the form if there is no number in the cell.

Is there a formula or somewhere in the VBA that I can put an "If" statement like "If (for example) Cell B2 is blank, then do not display Cell A2 or B2" On user form?

I am still learning VBA and User Form. If this is possible it would be great, because the spreadsheet I have now is about 3 pages if she has to print it out every time, but if I can eliminate the blank cells, then it would most likely be at most half a page.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
It would be easier to help if you could upload a copy of your file which includes the user form, to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0

If you notice on the Pull List, I have the different categories listed.

For example
B8- 8 Ft Tables C8- Quantity
Then below that is
B9- 6 Ft Tables C9- Quantity

Most of the time it is one or the other. So on the User Form, I would like to only show what has a Quantity on the form.

Another example is
B11- Half Round C11 Quantity
B12- Serpentine C12- Quantity
B13- Skirt (Color) C-13 Quantity
B14- Skirty Clips C14- Quantity

The above listed items are used VERY infrequently, so most of the time the Quantity will be blank.

What I am trying to do is to create a UserForm that will not include the "B" or "C" on the UserForm if there is no number in the "C" Column

To make the form more specific and easier for the person doing the pulling for an event, they will not have to skip a line or mistakenly pull something that is on the line above or below.

Plus there are more items to add to the UserForm that we use, but I have not included them on the spreadsheet because the spreadsheet keeps getting longer and longer. I am doing this to help my wife in the Catering Department.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

Upvote 0
In column C some cells have drop down lists and some don't, some have a number drop down list and some have a color drop down list. If column C is "Quantity", should not all the cells in that column have a number drop down list? Also, you can achieve what you want without a user form by simply filtering column C to not show all rows where column C is blank. Would that work for you?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back