userform code to search a worksheet for a name and date and then populate 18 cells with data

lambi153

I have a work book which looks after a weekly golf groups scoring. I have designed a userform which I want to use a combobox to choose a player, then another combobox where I chose a date.

Once I have chosen the person and the date I want to input their scores for the 18 holes and once the submit button is pressed those 18 scores are transferred into the corresponding worksheet.

On the work sheet the first persons name is in A1 with hole 1 to hole 18 in the cells below with "total" in cell A20. There are 16 dates in cells b1:s1.

The next persons name is in cell a21 again with hole 1 to hole 18 in the cells below with a "total" in a40.

There are 9 different named players all together.

The code in the userform should first look for the name in combobox1. When it finds the name, it needs to then find the cell which has the date chosen in combobox 2.
When it finds the right spot it then transfers the 18 score into the 18 cells underneath that date.

I would then do the same for each of the players who has turned up that specific week.

The worksheet is sheet4.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back