User Form to Link 2 Worksheets

KasiaM

Hello, I am new to Excel programming and would like to know whether the following scenario is possible:

I would like to have 2 worksheets and one user form. On the first worksheet (main data entry) - ws1 - I would like to have several columns with the information like: Column A- Ref No, Column B - Date, Column C - Project Name, Column D - Amount. On another worksheet (ws2) - I would like to have the details for each reference number on ws1, and the columns would be: Column A - Ref No, Col B- Detail 1, Col C - Detail 2, Col D - Detail 3.
I would like to have a user form which would pop-up after filling up the required fields on ws1. This user form would have the labels with all the fields from ws1 at the top. It would also have the empty textboxes to fill up the Detail1, 2 and 3 which would then be saved in worksheet2. After the details are filled up, I would like to have an indicator (for example checkmark) on ws1 that the project has details filled up. I would also like to be able to edit the details from the user form when the row with the reference number on ws 1 is selected.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
It can be done for sure... the scenario you describe is not very complicated.
But it isn't something done with only a few lines of code, it will take some effort, depending on how failsafe/foolproof it has to be...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back