Use folder to open excel

CV899000

Board Regular
Hi,

I have an excel workbook that contains a userform.

In this userform, the user has the possibility to open several other documents that I have created.

I would like to be able to share this with my colleagues and do so in the following way:

Create a folder where I can copy all the workbooks that the user will be able to open with the userform and the workbook with the userform itself.
If I then send it to a colleague, I would like it to appear like a program in the way that I would like the folder not to open, but to launch the workbook with the userform. Is this possible?

If there is a smarter way, please enlighten me. :)

I just want it to be as simple as possible for the colleagues that may use this, and limit their access to open individual documents "outside" the userform that I created.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I have decided to make it easier on myself.

I can accept creating a folder named "Main Programme" and then a subfolder named "workbooks" where all the workbooks will be located, including the main workbook that launches the userform.
I will then create a shortcut and place that in the "Main Programme" folder so that my colleagues only has the option to open the shortcut.

My question will then be, how do I open the different workbooks when pressing the commandbutton in the userform?
I know there is a way where you type the file path, but since I might share this with my colleagues and the file path therefore would change, I would like an option where excel only looks in the folder where the userform workbook is placed, and I will then place all other workbooks in that same folder. So that it does not matter where the "Main Programme" folder is placed.

Upvote 0
My question will then be, how do I open the different workbooks when pressing the commandbutton in the userform?
I know there is a way where you type the file path, but since I might share this with my colleagues and the file path therefore would change, I would like an option where excel only looks in the folder where the userform workbook is placed, and I will then place all other workbooks in that same folder. So that it does not matter where the "Main Programme" folder is placed.
P

Private commandbutton...

ChDirActiveWorkbook.Path

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back