Upgrade causing password problem?

klb

Last night I tried to log in from my home computer and the password I remembered was not accepted. So I entered the information to have it sent to me. I was then told that the email address did not match the username. Curious because in my mailbox was a notification of a reply to a post that I made earlier in the day. I tried the two other email addresses that I have and neither of those matched the username in the database either.

Now at work today where I originally setup the account and found the original email with the password. It was as I remembered. Checked my profile and the email address that I entered last night for the password reset was correct. I tried to change the email address and received the message that the password did not match the database.

So has the upgrade corrupted the username database?

Any suggestions on how I can change either my email address or password?

Thanks,

I don't know why it doesn't say, but when you change your email address in the profile, you have to enter your password in the "current password" box as well.

If you try to change your address and leave the password blank, you will get the "password does not match database" message.

Edit: I'll see what can be done about changing that text on the profile screen as well.

That explains part of the problem.

I couldn't change my email address because I couldn't remember the password. But when I tried to have an email sent to tell me the password the database says my email address does not match with the username even though the profile for my username shows that email address and I am receiving topic notifications at that email address! Catch-22?

Thank goodness I have the automatic login set on this computer even though it is not set on my home computer.

If I copied the cookie from this computer to my home computer, would that activate the automatic login?

I have no clue about copying the cookie. You can try it, sure, but I don't know if it will work or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back