bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I hope I'm asking this the way. Bottom line is that I want to update a table because the query data includes information that is missing from the underlying GL table.

Is it possible to update a table from a YTD query coming from Hyperion? I work at Stanford University and they download a monthly report from hyperion and bring it into Access to export to Excel for their variance analysis. It seems that GL accounts, descriptions, new donors, etc, are not being included in the underlying tables which results in unmapped revenues and expenses. I was wondering if I could create a macro to update the tables with items that were in the query (from Hyperion) and were missing from the tables. Or, can I somehow link these to the actual tables so the table can be refreshed on a monthly basis.

Thank you
Michael

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Yes, you should be able to do that, provided both tables are able to be linked accurately, so you can tie wants needs to be updated to the specific records that need updating.

Of course, in order to be able to help you with that, we would need a lot more of the details of the actual tables and data.

Upvote 0
Thank you Joe

That sounds great! I know the CFO will be thrilled!

The thought occurred to that perhaps I would create an query that is shows displays what is in the query but is missing from each of the two tables. The query is coming from our accounting system and all the grants field combinations (i.e. project name, ID, activity, account description) that is displayed in the query has to be added to the tables. Otherwise we have revenues and expenses that are not being put in the right bucket - they are "unmatched" .

If I have this new query that shows the information that needs to be added to a particular field (in one table I need to add 7 fields of data from the query) I can create an update query with this missing information. I was wondering if I could attach a macro for this update query and add it to the other original macro that runs to import the data into Access initially?

If this is possible, what information do I need to share with on the forum so you can guide me to get this task accomplished?

Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eccymarge

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back