Updating a set of control boxes based upon subform

PaulJL

I have a main form, Orders. Within this i have a subform1 named product. which contains products and description. There can be many products on an order.

At the moment i have used a datasheet view so that you can see all the products for an order as well as all the descriptions for the products.

What i would like is the subform1 to just show the products and second subform(subform2) to give the description of the product that is currently is selected (if i click on the 2 of 4 products for an order i want subform2 to update and show the description of that product).

I have tried creating a second sub form based upon a parameter Query with the product in the subform1 being the parameter. This kind of works as in the subform updates every time a view a different order but it will only show the decription of of the first product on the order and will not update every time i try and click on the second product of the order.

Do i need a macro or am i just using the wrong expression in my Parameter Query?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Just a thought, is it possible in my parameter query to pick up the product i have the focus on?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back