Update table fields from a form

Halfday

I'm not very experienced with Access yet but I am getting there slowly.
I have a form based on a single table called 'Outlets'. Some of the fields in the table are already completed and users have to go through the records using the form to complete the fields which are blank.

Here is my problem: One of the completed fields in the table 'Name of Outlet' holds the name of the outlet which could be a chain of say 50 venues.This means 50 records in the table all have the same outlet name.

When the user selects the first of the 50 records (using the form) and completes one of the blank fields lets say 'Type of Outlet' by entering "Restaurant" is there a way to update the field 'Type of Outlet' in the other 49 records in the table with "Restaurant"?

I am using Access 97 under Windows XP. I have tried searching the help files and searching this board but I can't seem to find what I need. I presume I need to use some code to run an update in the 'After Update' property of the text box but is, that the correct way and could someone point me in the right direction about the code.

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Similar situation for me, but I want the user to select one type of 'Outlet' from a drop down list, and the form to only display those records of the selected type. So, far I have this accomplished by having another Form with a combo box with the choices to select from. How do I link these two such that when I open the main form (that displays most of the records), it access the other form, prompts the user to select a type of 'outlet' and then only displays those records that match the outlet type in the main form?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BudgetGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back