Update multiple Excel sheets with one click?

sirenetta1

Board Regular
I've posted this topic in the Excel section, but I think this might be an Access solution.

I have three Excel sheets with basically the same column headings, just styled differently. I have to update these sheets daily, with the same info, and it is a very redundant process that I would like to simplify.

I have not used Access before, but if you know of some tutorials that could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Is there a way to develop a sheet in Excel or Access that I could list the information and then when I click "OK" or something like that, the information is transferred to the three sheets, in the right places?

I appreciate your help! :pray:

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
it still sounds like an excel question. How are you updating these sheets, and what is different about them (style?). Are you working from a master copy and then copy/pasting to the other 3?

Is the range of data you work with constant (same # of rows) or does it vary.

I just want to clarify because you could probably use a macro for what you want.

Ziggy

Upvote 0
There are a couple of things different about each of the sheets. Though each of the sheets share similar column headings, some sheets have more column headings for additional information. Yes, some sheets have additional rows. My master file has over 900 rows. There is cut/pasting involved in updating. How could a macro help me? Thanks for helping! :)

Upvote 0
As I had mentioned in the post you put in the Excel forum ( http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=77501&highlight= ), based on what you told me, I think that doing this in Access would be your best bet.

If you put all of your data in one master table, you could write queries to access different subsets of your data. Then you can create your reports based on these queries.

The big advantage that this gives you is that any change to your data table will filter through to all of your reports without any macros or copying, etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parlapalli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back