Update means I can't see anything, and I'm not the admin

snipescc

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have some weird vision issues where if there isn't enough contrast I have a really hard time seeing/finding things. I unwisely did the update and now I the quick access ribbon and menus are the same grey color. This makes it much harder for me to find what I'm looking for. Unfortunately I'm not the actual admin for the computer, that's outsorced and IT can take a while to respond.

I tried changing the theme, but it keeps having the ribbon and the quick access bar be the same color. Can I change that back? It's like Microsoft decided to just slowly turn everything the same shade of grey and with each update I can see less and less.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Are you able to change the computer Settings? Setting > Accessibility > Contrast Themes

Upvote 0
Are you able to change the computer Settings? Setting > Accessibility > Contrast Themes
That changes the computer as a whole, but what I'd rather is it go back to looking like it did before so i don't have to re-learn how everything looks.

Upvote 0
I know you said you changed the Theme but did you try using Colorful ?

1719362574068.png

Upvote 0
Solution
Glad you found it. In case this is worth considering, I have too many items on my Quick Access Toolbar to have it at the top and and I have mine below the ribbon. Although you don't get the colour contrast that way, I think Toolbar is clearer and easier to see in that position.
Give it a try.
You can move it by right clicking (top edge when the toolbar is on top, right edge when the toolbar is below, alternatively bottom left in the Options > Quick Access Toolbar menu.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outis_

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back