helpmeexcelmasters

I am in the military and work in an armory. I have a spreadsheet in excel 2010 to track members qualifications. In column A I have all the names of everyone at the unit. Each column after that represents a type of qualification. For example column B is basic weapons quals. There is a different date for each person as they each were qualified at different times. The date listed is the date there qualification expires. I want to create a formula that will have the cell for everyone green when they are outside of 30 days from their expiration date, yellow when they are within 30 days of expiring and red on the date the expire (the date shown in cell).

So for example If cell B2 had a date of 11/29/11 it should be green until 11/1/11 when it would turn yellow and then on 11/29/11 it would turn red. There are a lot of peole and dates so I need a formula that I could copy and paiste that would work the same for each date.

I found some similar formulas surfing the internet such as using a conditional formatting formula of =(B2-TODAY())<31 and I choose a 3-color scale and changed the numbers around for the other two but when I try to save it it says no relative references in conditional formatting. I don't know if I am on the right track.

Can some one help me out?????

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back