UK in profile???

Jack in the UK

I am Jack in the UK, LOL pig headed git i here you say !!!
Ok you here me shout UK and the like.

How many members sing as UK???

Who started his, i have been here from nearly 2 years i guess, but no US or nation has there ID in the sign, only in location / from in profile.

Whats going on????

Should Jack in the UK be changed to simple Jack.

But we have about 6 Jacks of sorts, i guess UK based...

Why cant we have Say Joe Was(US) or Ivan(NZ) or Colo(Jp) or Brian(50th State), Dennis(Sweden) or MOB(US / Scots) or Ann(US)

Why are the British signing with UK most in (...)'s

Anyone know? Im to close to see!

Jack

yep, it's a strange one Jack... something unique about our pride in our country :biggrin: , no matter how the rest of the world may view us.
As for me, I'm dead chuffed to represent the UK's answer to Venice.... Birmingham!! :wink:

Mark buddy you darn well know Richie(UK) and Jack are best buddys as id Roy(UK) and all the rest, of cause i know all UK guys expected i guess.

But i left UK signs who sing UK off the list, to see ractions.

So ehy now MOB(uk) ???

Starnge this one, i agree.
Im asked why i chooes this name as my sign in the fashion i did. As buddy fully know Jacks no real name, but these guys will never tell, as we trust each other, but its an odd one.

I choose Jack from my love i have for my 2nd Son, im asked where his name came from, Jack is the name of a guy in the TV drama Londons burning [firefighters] As you know i was born in a fire satation [house] where i lived, Jack was a red haired guy with broken family terrible problems and bags of attitude, love or hate him he was 100%, just like my father when he was a fireman.

So Jack it was as my love of firefighters and all they do to protect us all regardless of anyreason.

You see my posts of lost friends, was asked its in the wrong forum, i said i know deliberate, no one will delete this as i recall many US fire crews lost defending the US so do remove will and woul be a dishonour to your country and people, not exactly the US way - you agree!

I remember you dead, not mine in many posts, i agree i recall my lost also.

Im English / British and suffered through many confilics the UK has had even before my life, so UK i sing, nothing wrong with that.

I guess my drean was other arround the worlk would fly there flag and sing for there nations, the UK and every nation has done wrong in history, Jack dreams in theres troubled times, the Excelers arround teh world say dar nar bangers and mash we are buddys and help each other, maybe it might rub off - Jack hates no one, but openly agrees he gets cross and upset just the same

UK im so proud of, but am amased to the number of UK signs, i guess i want more UK to sign - and hope the worlds nations do the same.

I get email from Japan and its wonderful, US, Ireland, Sweden, Hawaii, Canada, New Zealand, ans so on, its fun to me working out when your get my emails and when you should reply, thats the magic, friends do help

I made Jack in the UK as its easy to see on this site and the only way i coluld made it so the sign deliberatly saying im the only one!!!

Hi Jack :)

Why are the British signing with UK most in (...)'s

I can´t speak for You in UK but from a swedish point of view we usually keep a low profile.

I believe it's because we are from a small country and are a little bit shy and prefer to have a low profile, i e part of our nature.

However, a total different point is that, like on this board, there exist fields where we can present us in terms of city & nation.

Hehe, however I can explain why You in UK need to show where You are from but I think I will keep an extremly low profile on that :wink:

Take care friends all over the world :)

Warm regards,
Dennis

Well, I could have called myself elgringo56 in mexico, but that would be redundant, since gringo is a term that means white man in mexico. LOL.

On 2003-01-19 22:48, elgringo56 wrote:
Well, I could have called myself elgringo56 in mexico, but that would be redundant, since gringo is a term that means white man in mexico. LOL.
Hey, 'Gringo' doesn't mean white man... and it's not a Mexican word only... we use it here all the time.

Juan, it was coined in the Mexican american war and is what Green coats sounded like when the mexicans said it, which is how they called the solders who wore green coats. At the time, it was a deratory name, but has lost a lot of that and is now more or less just a term used for all people from US and Canada here. So the story goes here, any way. Who knows?
This message was edited by elgringo56 on 2003-01-21 07:47

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back