UK Christmas Number 1!

Lewiy

Hi all

Some of you may be aware of the recent Facebook campaign to get Rage Against The Machine's 1992 track Killing In The Name to the top of the UK charts for Christmas. Well, last night the dream came true with the latest X-Factor karaoki release being pushed to number 2.

For those of you outside the UK, I just wanted to explain what a fantastic achievement this is for the power of social networking to out do the corporate X-Factor machine!

Now I know that MrExcel.Com is not strictly a social networking site, but we most definitely have a strong community and I hope that this gives hope to people worldwide that with a little help from your [online] friends, you can achieve anything!!

Power to the people!!!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Yes, very interesting. Can we get an Excel themed song to No. 1 ?

For starters, here's some Excel themed artists -

=average(white_band)
=3*degrees()
=dollar()
=getpivotdata
=kurt(cobain)
and any mod() band you care to mention . . .

OK I made up the 4th one.

How about this Midge Ure classic:

=IF(I1="Soldier","Captive arms I'd lay before her",IF(I1="Sailor","Seven Oceans, I'd sail to her",0)).... etc.

Can we get an Excel themed song to No. 1 ?

Interesting concept. We have over 127,000 members, that would be enough to secure a top chart position!!

Perhaps we should start with a mid-year attempt and work up to Christmas later on!!

We need to do a bit on analysis to compare -
a) sales of No.1 records, by week, in other words how many do you need to sell to get the no.1 each week. I'm guessing there are some weeks where you regularly don't need that many.
b) MrExcel member activity statistics by week.

If we're lucky, week of lowest required sales will come the week after Mr Excel peak activity week !

Now, do you think there's some software out there that might let us analyse such data ?

Not sure about particular weeks of the year, but from what I've seen, somewhere around the 30,000 mark would be sufficient to get a high chart position.

We need to do a bit on analysis to compare -
a) sales of No.1 records, by week, in other words how many do you need to sell to get the no.1 each week. I'm guessing there are some weeks where you regularly don't need that many.
b) MrExcel member activity statistics by week.

If we're lucky, week of lowest required sales will come the week after Mr Excel peak activity week !

Now, do you think there's some software out there that might let us analyse such data ?

First week after christmas is always the slowest, Just ask Cliff Richard and Iron Maiden (Up The Irons)

Needs named ranges to work, but it's perfectly legal syntax for a boolean result:biggrin::rolleyes:

=SUM(ThatWorkForces)=ThoseWhoBurnCrosses

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back