tyshanklin1

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi all,

I'm wanting to make a calculator to help me keep track of scores/damage during gameplay, and help me make sure I don't miscalculate damage to the players or monsters.

In an ideal scenario, I would have a checkbox (B1) that I can check for any weather condition. I also have the player's current HP/Health in C1. I am tracking the damage done to players in cells B4:B15. The weather condition cuts the attack damage in half on the specific turns that it is visible. I tried using an IF formula for a sort of "If weather is checked, cut the damage in half" sort of thing, but obviously this is not going to help as it cannot keep track of the turns where this is tracked and not, and the closest I can get it is that the damage will be cut in half, but will go back to full the moment the box is un-checked.

I figure this may need to be something that is a script, but that is FAR beyond my capabilities.

I know that some may say that I should just put in the damage at half. The issue is that there have been many times when we are in the midst of the game and genuinely forget.

If anyone has any ideas on other formulas that should work in this scenario, or a script that would do the trick, I would greatly appreciate it!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
It seems to me like it would be better tracked line by line vs a single checkbox. IE: you enter damage in B4, then check a box on that row if the weather is affecting that damage. You don't even really need a checkbox.

Not sure what the rest of your sheet looks like, but this is what I am thinking:
Book1
ABCDE
410a5
67a3.5
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E4:E15E4=B4*IF(D4="a",0.5,1)
E16E16=SUM(E4:E15)

Weather affecting damage tracked in col D.

1726248216413.png

I use the font Webdings and a lowercase "a" to get a checkmark.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back