Trying to set up Mr Excel HTML Maker

L. Howard

I have gone through the steps as far as I understand them to install HTML Maker and I think I am at the step:

--Once installed you will notice anew menu call 'MrExcelHTML'. ...appears within 'Add-Ins' tab in Excel 2007 or more recent versions.

(I have Excel 2010)

I see no menu item as described. Got lots of stuff in the VB editor Project window relating to VBHTLMAKER.XLA along with about five modules.

On the sheet tab Developer > Add-Ins > VBE HTML Maker > box is checked.

Then mucking about in a folder icon at the bottom of my screen I find this. So it doesn't work in 2010???

Rich (BB code):
MrExcelHtml Guide</SPAN></SPAN>

Note:</SPAN> the current version is only intended to work in Excel versions 2000 to 2003 although it will also work in xl2007 with a more limited user interface.  As it currently stands it won’t function in earlier versions at all.  It you feel confident about your abilities, please feel free to modify the code as required to make it work with your version of Excel.</SPAN></SPAN>

Regards,
Howard

Thread title: Trying to set up Mr Excel HTML Maker
Got lots of stuff in the VB editor Project window relating to VBHTLMAKER.XLA along with about five modules.
It seems you may be confusing two different HTML makers. The first one above is for screen shots. The second is for vba code.

On the sheet tab Developer > Add-Ins > VBE HTML Maker > box is checked.
Go back in there again and look for something like "Htmlmaker20090730A" (at least that is the version I have) and that should be a checked Add-In

(Note in my signature block that there are other options too.)

Hi, Peter,

At some point in my endeavors I actually had an additional tab to the right of Developer (the name of which I have forgotten) and when I when clicked on it took me to a window that had some choices that made me think I had finally got the correct download. I was unable to understand any of the choices as to what they would do, clicked about on them with no further prompts or boxes etc.

Today, I open excel and that mystery tab is gone...

So going to the MrExcel HTML Maker in your sig block I now have Sky Drive and three icons.

A 'zippered looking' folder HTMLKMaker 20101230

My edit time ran out...

the other two are Password Input v.1b
and VBHTMLMaker.

I presume the zipper looking one?

Howard

Hi Peter,

Well, I seem to have it installed. I have the tab and I am trying to post an example here just to see if I can.

Using the 'Generate Html (use Default ) when I paste in the forum, it is a ton of "goobly-gook script" looking stuff.

What am I doing wrong, if you can tell from my weak description?

Howard

Just to add, I checked Developer > Add-Ins and there is nothing more to check beyond the VB HTML Maker, which I have already checked.

Howard

I have the tab and I am trying to post an example here just to see if I can.

Using the 'Generate Html (use Default ) when I paste in the forum, it is a ton of "goobly-gook script" looking stuff.

What am I doing wrong, if you can tell from my weak description?
Yes I can. :)

From your description you are doing everything right - except choosing the appropriate forum to test in. If you look at the bottom right of this page you will find "HTML code is Off".

The best place to test is the Test Here forum, that's exactly what it is for.

When you Paste, the "goobly-gook script" is exactly what you should see, but when you 'Submit' your post it should turn into a nice screen shot.

Thanks Peter, for taking the time to get me going with the HTML Maker.

It has been a mystery to me for some time, mostly from not explicit instructions. Or at least from my inability to follow them.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Howard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back