trying to highlight entire row in my report

DeadWoodDan

Not having any luck doing the following:[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] create an unbound textbox, size it to the width and height of the row and 'send to back' so it is behind all the other controls, then use conditional formatting to format as require, existing controls backstyle is set to transparent ( I'm not sure how to confirm if the back style is transparent?)

using
[/FONT][Recoverable]=True as my logic.

Thanks for any help,
Kevin

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
There are only 2 choices for back style for a textbox on the property sheet - normal or transparent. Either look there, or you should be able to see the form design grid behind a control whose back style property is set to transparent as long as a control with a normal back style is not covering the area behind. Sounds like the design is correct (assuming you have not also set the full width control to be transparent) so I'd suspect your conditional format expression on the full width control is the issue. This assumes that [Recoverable] is a checkbox field (Boolean) and not a textbox. If it's a textbox, you need quotes around True.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back