Trying to Find what function or code to use to auto populate certain data

Blusers480

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am trying to find the correct function or code to use when looking at certain match parameters as I have mutiple graphs and data sets where I need to populate data and the team doesnt always have the same players. I constnatly need to sort the data based on different paramters however this then changes the numbers for the athletes in different graphs. For example in the photo attached I want a function that states when the athletes name is "Harry" and I want to populate his total distance data into a different graph. So in simple terms I want a function that says, when athletes name is "Harry" grab data from same row and designated column (e.g. total distance)

1659682480612.png

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Hi if I assume Column G is empty (and "Name" would be in Col B, we will use cell "G1" for you to type your search name (eg. Harry in this case.)

VBA Code:
Sub test()

Dim intlastrow As long
Dim Rng as Range

intlastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row 'find last row in Names col (assuming Names are in Col B. = 2

Set Rng = Range("B2", "B" & intlastrow).Find(What:=Range("G1").Value, _ 'define Rng as your column of Names, and the cell "G1" as your search name
    LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)

If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub  'exit if no match found

MsgBox (Rng.Offset(0, 1)) ' display a message box which shows the value from the matching Row number, but Offset by (0 Rows, 1 Column) = whats in the cell to the right of my result.

End Sub

Let me know how you get on with that.
cheers
Rob

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back