Trying to create a line chart in Excel with NO experience.

Rhothgar

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I thought this would be really simple using PowerQuery but it isn't.

I don't have XL2BB plugin enabled on this PC and couldn't even get it to run last time I checked.

I have a file from a car scanning app which is live data of one of my cars.

Someone on Fabric community looked at it for me and was able to produce a chart but the quality is really poor. I need to be able to zoom in and see thin lines and data discrepancies and PowerBI free edition only seems to produce fancy visuals that aren't really that much use for what I want to look at.

Here is the file on OneDrive:-

Car Data.xlsx

It is set to edit so anyone can do what they want with it.

It cannot really be difficult to create such a chart based on time elapsed, PID's and their respective values but it's too much for my seemingly simple mind to comprehend.

Here is a link to the graph someone created on the Fabric Community which is accurate and what I am trying to achieve but in a BETTER format that allows you to zoom in and out, scroll quickly and analyse where there may be an issue.

Here is a photo of how the data appears on the app it has come from (I've flipped the orientation so the legend intrudes but that's fine for the purposes of showing you:-

IT WON'T UPLOAD!

The second photo is where I have selected less PID's to show the information I want to filter in portrait:-

The third photo which is the zoomed in one shows one area of interest and a good level of detail although it would be nice to see the values which I need to see.

Look it's only a personal play-around so if it's too difficult to explain what I'll need to do then don't waste your time and I'll knock the idea on the head. It's just that my proper car diagnostics scanner is broken at the moment and I'm not sure I'll be looking replace it so am looking for cheaper solutions and trying to think of a way around it.

As I can record the data for each journey, it needs to be really simple for me to understand how to collate and present the information on any dataset because I don't want to spend HOURS and HOURS stuck in Excel scratching my ageing and stupid head!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1263 (1).PNG
    IMG_1263 (1).PNG
    29.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1264 (1).PNG
    IMG_1264 (1).PNG
    192.3 KB · Views: 1

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
There you go, a screenshot should sort the upload issue:-

Attachments

• IMG_1262.PNG
    IMG_1262.PNG
    252.8 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cranneyfarms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back