Trying to create a crosstab report

buckwheat

I have created a crosstab query that uses a string of dates. No problems there. I have name, then numbers sold under each date. The dates are the columns. The only problem is that the date range changes and therefore the column headings change. When I try to create a report based off of the query it looks for the column headings as dates. ex column 01/05. The problem is that tomorrow that first column might change to another date. Is it possible for the report to still show the date? Currently it gives me an error when I change the dates to anything not on the original query.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi,
I have answered an almost identical question here. In that post I pointed the OP to a detailed answer I did to an identical problem that you can read in detail here.
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for pointing me in the direction. I have not tried your recommendation yet, but do see some ideas that I can try. I searched for the answer, but for some reason I did not see that post you recommended.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samue Thon Ajaladin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back