Truby put on probation by IGFPOMC

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
REUTERS | The North Pole | The International Guild of Faeries, Pixies and Other Mythical Creatures (IGFPOMC) released its weekly list of parents that have been placed on probation. Among the nitwits on this week's list was none other than Mr. Excel's own Greg Truby.

Per the Office of the Tooth Fairy: "Mr. Truby was returning home from a Boy Scout troop meeting with his son yesterday evening when his seven-year-old daughter telephoned him on his cell phone, proudly announcing that the loose tooth she had mentioned at dinner was now in her hand and in its place was a bit of bloody tissue paper. Per protocol, young Miss Truby placed her tooth in a small pink plastic treasure chest, procured from the dentist for just this purpose. And after reading bedtime stories and saying prayers, she put the treasure chest snugly under her pillow.

Over the course of his twelve years of parenting, Mr. Truby had amassed a distinguished record of assistance to the IGFPOMC, helping Santa write notes and even assisting Santa by eating part of the cookies; getting up in the wee hours of the morning to help the Easter Bunny hide eggs and so forth. Unfortunately, Mr. Truby's track record in helping the tooth fairy had been a bit dodgy. He is to be commended for going the extra mile and purchasing his self-adhesive stamps with a $20-bill from the vending machine at the Post Office because the machine gives change in golden $1 coins (the coin preferred by the U.S. branch of the Office of the Tooth Fairy).

But this is now the second time he has failed to put a golden dollar underneath a pillow. I mean really, to see that poor lass sobbing on the couch this morning; it was heart-wrenching. Yes, Mrs. Truby saved the day by "finding" the coin on the floor between Pooh bear and Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer. But if the IGFPOMC doesn't take some sort of action, what kind of a signal does this send to other parents? We have every confidence that after this reprimand, Mr. Truby will 'get his pixie-dust properly packed and fly right', as we faeries say."

The Easter Bunny issued a statement confirming Mr. Truby's excellent egg-hiding record. Santa is already well into C-Day preparation and could not be reached. But a spokes-elf was more guarded, going on record as saying "you can be sure we'll be keeping a close eye on the Truby ranch this Christmas to make sure he doesn't have a relapse."

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
You should have told her that the stock market troubles have hit the Tooth Fairy particularly hard, and she is waiting for some of the Federal "bail-out" money...

Inquiry to convene next week...
Mr Truby, do you promise to pay for the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth?

Mr Joe4, this is a serious matter, you are not supposed to be rolling on the floor laughing. In fact, you should be looking down in the mouth.

Mr Joe4, this is a serious matter, you are not supposed to be rolling on the floor laughing. In fact, you should be looking down in the mouth.
You misunderstand me. I am not rolling on the ground laughing, I am rolling on the ground showing off my pearly whites!

Its my way of giving props to the TF!

Fortunately at 20 my daughter's stopped shedding teeth.

Somewhere I've got a matchbox containing all the teeth that cost me a £ a shot, sad old g*t that I am :)

Donations to the Tooth Fairy can be made here. Doors open at tooth hurty pm

riaz,

You truly are the king of bad puns!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back