Trouble with Filter/Unfilter Macro (shape as button)

JoshVon

I'm new in VBA and I created shapes that will function as buttons in my excel document that will filter/unfilter data based on color that when I click the button (for example I click "Waterproofing") it will filter data whose boxes have the color (red under "Waterproofing").

My code looks like this:

Sub Rectangle70_Click()
If ActiveSheet.FilterMode = False Then
ActiveSheet.Range("$D$4:$BA$916").AutoFilter Field:=12, Criteria1:=RGB(84, _
129, 53), Operator:=xlFilterCellColor
Else
ActiveSheet.Range("$D$4:$BA$916").AutoFilter Field:=12
End If
End Sub

My problem with above code is I have several buttons, (Example, button 1 is "Waterproofing", Button 2 is "Steel works", Button 3 is "Firefighting), and when I click "Waterproofing" (to filter) I have to click "Waterproofing" again to unfliter data before I can click "Steel works" to filter.

What I want to happen is that when I click "Waterproofing" (to filter), I can also click "Steel works" (to filter) so that data with colors under "Waterproofing" and "Steel works" will be shown. Also, I want it to be able to unfilter even though two filters are active. For example, "Waterproofing" and "Steel works" are already on filter mode, when I click "Waterproofing", it will unfilter it's column range, leaving the data under "Steel works" filtered".

Also, although it may be redundant, I created another button named "Show All" that will show all data in case the user filters under a button and forgets what buttone he/she clicked (since the code I have now limits me to clicking the same button to unfilter).

My problem with it is that when clicked accidentally and no data is filtered it creates an error that once I try to filter the data (say I clicked "Waterproofing" after I accidentally clicked "Show all") it causes all data to filter into nothing, as if hidden

Please help me on this.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I assume that your code needs to clear all filters (not just those in field 12) before filtering on the column that you want. If your range is D:BA, I assume that you have 50 columns. Try the following in place of your example:

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]Sub Rectangle70_Click()[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]With [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]ActiveSheet.Range("$D$4:$BA$916")
[/COLOR][INDENT][COLOR=#333333]For n = 1 To 50
[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].AutoFilter Field:=n[/COLOR][/INDENT]
[INDENT][COLOR=#333333]Next[/COLOR][/INDENT]
[INDENT][COLOR=#333333].AutoFilter Field:=12, Criteria1:=RGB(84, [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]129, 53), Operator:=xlFilterCellColor[/COLOR][/INDENT]
[COLOR=#333333]End With[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]End Sub
[/COLOR]

Amend this code as appropriate for the other buttons. The code for your Show All button should be as above, just omit the
.AutoFilter Field:=12, Criteria1:=RGB(84, 129, 53), Operator:=xlFilterCellColor line.

Upvote 0
To allow multiple filters, remove the following lines from the buttons (other than Show All). However, with this you can still only unfilter using Show All.For n = 1 To 50
.AutoFilter Field:=n
Next

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back