Trouble placing fields from Query in a Report

elephant97

Board Regular
I have a report that is "pulling" information from mulitple queries. I have the queries working just fine. When executed, they present the exact information I need. However, I have text boxes setup on my report that I need to present this information. Currenly, I went into the control source and have this inputted:

=[ABC Query]![Field_1]

But I get a #NAME? error each time. Any thoughts/helP????

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Have you checked the field names?

Maybe somehow you've got two fields with same name?

Try recreating the particular textbox causing the problem.

Upvote 0
I usually like to create one large "master" query that pulls all the other queries together, then use this "master" query as the Control Source for the Report. Then you can simply click and drag the fields to the Report from the Fields box, and never have to worry about entering the correct reference or making sure your Relationships are established correctly.

(I have never tried doing it your way, but would imagine you would have to have a Relationship set up between the query you are pulling the field from and the Query/Table that is the control source for your Report).

Upvote 0
I do not have two fields with the same name. I could put together one master query, but my queries are not that difficult and the relationships are simple. I'm still having trouble with populating the text box.

Upvote 0
my queries are not that difficult and the relationships are simple.

Then why not simply pull all the information you need together in one query? Maybe there is something wrong with a relationship that you are not aware. It will probably save you time, as opposed to try to figure out why the current method isn't working.

Upvote 0
Okay, I have now deleted all the queries and can't even get the report to show a value from a table. Is there some relation I'm missing here?

Upvote 0
The report needs to be bound to the Table/Query that you want to draw data from.
Create a master query that shows all of the data you wish to display
Set this master query as the source for the report
you should then be able to just drop the fields you want straight into the report from the Field List.

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BudgetGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back