Trouble Logging In Or Out?

NateO

Legend
Good Evening,

If you're having trouble logging in or out of MrExcel.com as of 7/21/2004, try deleting your MrExcel cookies, then log back in.

There were some changes made to how the board handles cookies to resolve the double-login quandary that some of our members were experiencing.

Also, be sure that you're accessing the message board using the following url:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/

Older conventions (e.g., an ip address may cause problems).

Nope...whatever someone thinks has fixed the problem really has not fixed the problem. I cleared all my cookies 4 times today, cleared the Temporary Internet files, defragged the HD twice, and waved a wooden cross and garlic necklace over the computer. I still get logged out each time I refresh the message board page. Even when I am logged in, if I hit Reply to a message board post, I am bounced to the Index page half the time. The other half of the time less once or twice, I get an Invalid Session message. Still not right and still needs fixing.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that Tom!

Growing pains, obviously it'll be looked into.

Tom - what url are you using to access the board? It's been pointed out that you posted a shorcut using the IP address instead of www.mrexcel.com.

Actually I'd like to add something (that I know most of us already know but want to add just for sure).

Before deleting cookie, we must quit Internet Explorer then relaunch it after deleting cookie.

By the way, I got succes to reproduce same trouble in my PC only setting cookies "High" security (in Privacy Tab). When I set it to "Medium" back, everything flip back to normal.

Suat

OK looks like I'm back on, the issue seems to stem from the IP address vs www.mrexcel.com. I was using the IP address because that was in the address bar after typing in "www.mrexcel.com" when I first set up my Favorites way back when. Anyway, all's well, thanks to everyone who pointed out the anti-IP address tip.

that one has to go to Kristy (Pookie), Tom. - she saw your post with the ip :biggrin:

:oops: Nah, it's not so much that I *saw* it, it's that I happened to remember some people still post links with that IP in there. Then I just checked up on some of your posts and saw that you were one of them, Tom.

But you saying that it's working now definately confirms the theory I had. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back