Traffic accident excuses

Tom Urtis

MrExcel MVP
Purported quotes from actual police and insurance claim reports from people involved in traffic accidents. Some people will never admit guilt no matter how unbelievable their story sounds, while others do admit guilt while showing they are not the brightest crayons in the box.

1. "A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."
2. "A truck backed through my windshield into my wife’s face."
3. "An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle, and vanished."
4. "As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident."
5. "Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have."
6. "He applied brake and his car stopped, I applied brake and my car didn't stop."
7. "I bent down for a couple of minutes to rummage through my compartment to find a cough drop, I didn't think I could hit him."
8. "I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."
9. "I consider neither vehicle to blame, but if either was to blame it was the other one."
10. "I did not think the train ran on those lines any more."
11. "I didn't know my foot was still on the accelerator."
12. "I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."
13. "I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way."
14. "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car."
15. "I had to take too many mobile phone calls."
16. "I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment."
17. "I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car."
18. "I thought my window was down, but I found out it was up when I put my head through it."
19. "I told the police I was not injured, but upon removing my hair, I found that I had a fractured skull."
20. "I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."
21. "I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."
22. "I was thrown from my car as it left the road, and was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
23. "In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."
24. "My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle."
25. "No one was to blame for the accident, but it never would have happened if the other driver had been alert."
26. "The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week."
27. "The car didn't come with an instruction manual."
28. "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
29. "The horse came out of nowhere and landed on my car."
30. "The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."
31. "The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."
32. "The other car shouldn't have been in my way."
33. "The pedestrian had no idea which way to run, so I ran over him."
34. "The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end."
35. "To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."
36. "When I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car."

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
"Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.":rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back