Tracking hours - not sure how it can be done

used2reg

Hello
First off I am not sure if this can be done easily - or if at all.. I tried for a few days and got nowhere - and hopefully I am explaining what I was hoping to accomplish..
In my Excel file it tracks people's hours (for a volunteer fire dept). We can get hours in a couple of ways, but in the case here I have two tabs at the bottom - Calls & IAR. Here is a Google Drive link to the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13V5JCHHQvT3_S7ZKqn4-q47agXMJxvfo
The Calls tab is our emergency calls - for each call we have it is added in as a column (only 5 showing here, but we get a lot more). If the person responds to the call they get it indicated by me adding a H8, S8 or W8 in the cell below the call # - so example call 1, FF1 was at the call so i put in H8 (H means hall, s means scene and w means working)
The IAR tab is when the particular member signed up for a shift to say he/she was available to respond to a call if we have one....
I have two problems with it....
1. If you sign up for a IAR Shift from 1am to 5am on a given day - you would be given 5 hours of time. But if we get an emergency call during the same time (let’s say from 2am to 3am) - one hour - the way i have it now is that you would get 5 hours for the IAR shift, and one hour for the call -- totaling 6 hours. I was wondering if there is some way we could look at the Call time and the IAR times and if they are in between the IAR start/end times flag it and subtract the time of the call from the IAR shift? So technically the members should only be credited for 5 hours - the calculation for this could be done in two separate cells if need be.
2. Same case above, if you sign up for a IAR Shift from 1am to 5am on a given day - you would be given 5 hours of time. But if we get an emergency call during the same time, and you do not show up - I need to remove the 5 hours from the IAR shift because you did not respond (does not happen a lot)

If I need to add multiple tabs, I have no issues with it – my though was to take the IAR tab, and make a new tab, and creating some VBA script to copy all the data from the shift over, but that never worked well……

Thanks for looking !!!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back