Total Training DVD

cummingsea

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I purchased Mr. Bill Jelen’s Total Training for Microsoft Excel 2007 Advanced
All I can say is I am totally disappointed , well there are a few thing to learn, but still falls short on teaching formulas and functions , my main weakness as so many of us come up with problems in this area.
I wish that Mr. Bill Jelen would dedicate a little more of his time writing a book or make a DVD explaining formulas and functions, no charts, no pivot tables, just formulas and functions .
I would gladly pay up to $100.00 for a book or $150.00 for A DVD, I don’t use Excel on my job, and I just love playing around with it because it is a challenge.
I recently sent a message to Mr. Jelen about this and did not receive a reply.
Either he is too busy to answer or he believes just like Mr. Walkenbach (AKA Mr. Spreedsheet)that such a book or DVD would not sell.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Thanks for your feedback.

1) What e-mail address did you write to? I haven't received a note from you.

2) JWalk has an excellent book on Excel formulas, titled appropriately enough, Excel 2007 Formulas. It is ISBN #978-0470044025 and highly recommended.

3) Another excellent resource for Excel formulas is this board. The top 100 or so favorited topics at this board is a veritable reference guide to Excel formulas. Pick any of the topics from http://www.mrexcel.com/favorites.html

Books on formulas are in the works. I am negotiating with an author who has written over 1000 pages on array formulas alone and would love to win the rights to publish that book. Those books, though, won't be out until fall 2008 or spring 2009. In the meantime, though, the Total Training DVD, the QUE Live Lessons DVDs, and my podcasts always focus on the topics which are most popular at my Power Excel seminars: Pivot tables, charts, etc.

Bill

I don't remember the email address I sent it to.
I really need to learn more about formulas they are so confusing to me for example this morning a guy on Mr. Excel.com help me out with this one =AND(COUNT($AA$4:$AA$5)=2,B5>=$AA$4,B5<=$AA$5) for a Conditional Format on a Array Calendar. I would never have guest it in a million years.
I have the book by Mr. JWalk. But he does not go into detail on how to combine formulas.

Hi

As good as some Excel books are, I think for formulas the absolute best resource is this Board - whether you learn by creating new topics with your own questions or trying to answer others' questions (and especially reviewing the responses that the formula gurus such as Domenic, Aladin and BarryHoudini give). You will learn more from doing this (and in a shorter time) than by reading a book.

But he does not go into detail on how to combine formulas.
One of the problems is that there are almost an infinite number of combinations you can do. In the majority of functions, you can replace most of the arguments with another formula. The possibilites are virtually limitless...

So if you are looking for some sort of "end-all" and "complete" book on formulas, I think you will be sadly disappointed.

Nothing can really beat experience, resources like this forum, and just giving it the ol' college try...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baldred

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back