To convert PST time to CET time

DRG1978

Hi All,

I have in cell G4 this time (PST): 7/5/2011 0:38 and i want to have in cell R4 the time of G4 but in CET also taking in consideration the summer and winter time difference.

Is there a formula to achieve this?

I would be very grateful is someone can assist me with this!

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I feel this really should not be too hard to figure out, so let me help you a hand to get you on your way

There are two things we know:

1) There is a fixed difference in time between the two time zones
2) This fixed difference changes in certain periods because of daylight savings time

A formula without taking daylight savings into account would simply add the x amount of ours necessary. However, since you DO want to take daylight savings into account, you need to determine the amount of hours the zones differ during specific periods in the year. E.g., from March to October it's a 7 hour difference, and 8 hours during the rest of the year (I don't know the actual dates/numbers).
This tells you to use IF() functions to determine the current date you're working with, with the result of that query being the amounts of hours the zones differ.

Thought of helping your thought process rather than just giving the formula

Upvote 0
Hi Tim,

Thanks - i found this formula with these parameters: to add 2 hours in summer and 1 hour in winter, given that daylight saving starts at 01:00 on the last Sunday in March and ends at 01:00 on the last Sunday in October if you have a timestamp, including time and date, in cell G4 this formula will add 1 hour in winter and 2 hours in summer, for any date.

But I need to add 8 hours in summer and 9 hour in winter. Can someone assist me getting the correct formula?

G4= 7/5/2011 0:38

=IF(G4="","",IF(PRODUCT(G4-DATE(YEAR(G4),{4,11},1-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(G4),{4,11},0)))-1/24),1,2)/24+G4)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayneecm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back