Timer execution

olarge1

Hi,

This may be really simple and i am being slow. I have created a Macro that outputs a querie table into an excel table with a date filter applied. I want this to execute automatically overnight so i dont have to access the database each morning but can use the exported excel data as soon as i want.

i have got scheduler to open the database but cant seem to get it to access the macro. I cant set the macro as autoexec as other users use the file and hence each time they open it they will change my data.

Is there a way to set a autoexec to only execute at a certain time or for the windows scheduler to open the macro. The database is on a network drive by the way.

Thanks

Olarge1

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
How about doing something like this:

Create a new database that "links" into your main database (you can link the data tables, and copy over the queries you need to this new database).

Then make the autoexec procedure on this new database, and run that with the scheduler every night. Hence, this new database will have access to the "real" data, but will do the queries in a separate location.

Upvote 0
Hullo. You mentioned that you "got the scheduler to open the database..." Good. Now simply alter the command line that opens the db to include /X macroname at the end. This will launch said macro when the db starts.

HTH (y)

P

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back