time stamp

lwilt

Board Regular
What would be the easiest way to create a time stamp for when a query is run without having to create a date field and constantly changing the date each time you run the query?

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
just having it add the current date at the time it's ran would be great....if it could add the time of day it happens then that's even better

Upvote 0
What kind of query is it? A simple Select query, or an action Query that updates records?

If it is a simple Select query, I am afraid that you will probably need to control how the query is run through a form, and have the form run an action Query or some VBA code to update a datestamp field somewhere. See: How do i show the date a report or query was last run? | PC Review

Upvote 0
it's just a simple query where I'm adding attention information to a data set before moving to my email platform to upload and since that doesn't time stamp it I would like to do so before it goes up.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
it would just be adding addition fields to the data already there. its the 2010 version

it looks like I could just set up a macro for it and do it that way

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bosvinn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back